[Live-devel] re-streaming rtsp

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jan 7 14:42:04 PST 2013

> I compile and  run the Proxy Server using command line on windows ( win 7 64).  After few minutes the app crashes with a “BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep():select() fails: No error”. Any clue how to prevent this.

You could try using an operating system other than Windows (e.g., Linux or Freebsd).  (Generally speaking, Windows is ill-suited for running server software.)

But other than that, unfortunately I don't know what's wrong - in part because you haven't provided much information.  So please download and build the latest version of the software (which prints more diagnostic output when this error occurs).  Also, run "live555ProxyServer" application with the -V flag (to  print additional diagnostic output - as is recommended on our web site).  Please post the complete diagnostic output to this mailing list.