[Live-devel] Windows make-files broken

Benjamin Drung bdrung at debian.org
Sat Jan 5 01:53:18 PST 2013

Am Samstag, den 05.01.2013, 10:00 +1300 schrieb Ross Finlayson:
> > I noticed Makefile.tail has changed recently and it seems like the
> > Windows compiler (VS2008 & 2010 at least) doesn't like these lines
> > (only PREFIX for testProgs & mediaServer):
> > PREFIX ?= /usr/local
> > LIBDIR ?= $(PREFIX)/lib
>

> Arggh!  Those lines were suggested by the Debian guy, who (I'm
> guessing) wanted to make it possible for PREFIX and/or LIBDIR to be
> defined as something else on the compile line.  I should have guessed
> that they would likely break in at least some versions of Windows.
>

> What I'll do - in the next release - is change those lines to
>

> PREFIX = /usr/local
> LIBDIR = /usr/local/lib

Changing ?= to = has no drawback for me. Overwriting these variables by
calling "make PREFIX=/usr" still works (I have tested it).

Can you please leave LIBDIR = $(PREFIX)/lib instead of hard-coding the
libdir? If a user sets PREFIX to /usr, the default libdir should
be /usr/lib instead of /usr/local/lib.

--
Benjamin Drung
Debian & Ubuntu Developer