[Live-devel] Can live555 read RTP data from ffmpeg?

Lan Zang zanglan at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 06:30:15 PST 2013

Hi,

I am sending MPEG TS data over RTP by ffmpeg, like "ffmpeg -i file.ts -c copy -f mpegts rtp://localhost:1234". I want live555 can get these RTP data. I modified the testOnDemandRTSPServer.cpp to use unicast address for the mpeg2TransportStreamFromUDPSourceTest item. I then run testOnDemandRTSPServer. But it seems that my video player(VLC player) got nothing from testOnDemandRTSPServer while playing URL like "rtsp://192.168.133.195:8554/mpeg2TransportStreamFromUDPSourceTest".
Is there anything more need to be done to make this thing work? Shall I change SimpleRTPSource in MPEG2TransportUDPServerMediaSubsession::createNewStreamSource() to other RTPSource?

Regards,
Lan Zang(Sander)