[Live-devel] Unhandled exception during TEARDOWN

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jan 28 14:23:49 PST 2013

> I updated to the latest code (live.2013.01.25.tar) and have been running the modified testRTSPClient using DrMemory. The exception occurs at DrMemory Error #10 and #11. The Windows app crash dialog is then displayed and after closing that the remaining DrMemory info is printed (as can be seen in the CmdOutput and results.txt files).
>
> I've so far only glanced at this and am not sure how much it helps me, but passing it on in hope you might spot something useful.

It gives me a little information.  The problem is happening on line 540 when "DummySink::afterGettingFrame()" calls the virtual function "continuePlaying()".  The fact that an invalid memory access is happening here suggests that the ("DummySink") object's virtual function table has been smashed.  I.e., it appears that something has been (improperly, of course) writing over the "DummySink" object's memory.

Now, the question becomes: What is writing over the "DummySink" object's memory, any where and why?  Because you reported that the error occurs only when you're receiving a JPEG/RTP stream, I suspect that the culprit is the "JPEGVideoRTPSource" class, but I don't (yet) know of any bug there that might be causing this.  But "JPEGVideoRTPSource" is where I'd focus attention now.