[Live-devel] CPU usage is high when there are 64 concurrentsessions.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Jul 14 19:35:11 PDT 2013

> Test results:
> 1. core usage goes up to 100% when there are 10 concurrent connections, the usage might drop to normal level (about 1% or 2%) after few minutes passed. (sometimes it doesn't drop at all)
> 2. core usage goes up to 100% when there are 11 concurrent connections, the usage keeps 100% at all time.
> 3. according to procdump, the core usage is mostly consumed by method BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep.

OK, thank you for *finally* telling us that your problem has *nothing* to do with the fact that you have "64 concurrent sessions".  It apparently occurs regardless of the number of clients.  You have wasted a lot of our time by using a misleading "Subject:" line!

The answer to your problem can be found in your original message:

> 5. I subclassed FramedSource to implement method doGetNextFrame and method afterGetting [...]
> 6. I also subclassed OnDemandServerMediaSubsession to implement my own method checkForAuxSDPLine.

I.e., your problem arises from your own code, and does not seem to be an inherent problem with the supplied LIVE555 code.

Because of this (and because you have wasted so much of our time already), I'm not going to help you anymore with your problem.  Sorry.