[Live-devel] testRTSPClient and MJPEG decoding

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jul 23 19:12:22 PDT 2013

> I have been working with the testRTSPClient example for reading from an MJPEG camera. I understand that when afterGettingFrame() is called, fReceiveBuffer contains the raw RTP packet

You understand incorrectly.  All of the RTP (and RTCP) processing is done by our code; that's why our code is there.  When a RTP receiver (in this case, our "testRTSPClient" application) receives data, it will be a complete (audio or video) frame.  In the case of a JPEG/RTP stream (served by a RTSP server - such as a network camera), the received data will be a complete JPEG frame.