[Live-devel] testRTSPClient and MJPEG decoding

Tim Gee tim.gee at aldiscorp.com
Tue Jul 23 14:39:31 PDT 2013

I have been working with the testRTSPClient example for reading from an MJPEG camera. I understand that when afterGettingFrame() is called, fReceiveBuffer contains the raw RTP packet, and I need to reformat the header to get "standard" JPEG files.

What is the recommended method for doing this? It appears that JPEGVideoRTPSource contains a private virtual function called processSpecialHeader() that is meant for this task, but I don't understand the Live555 architecture well enough to know how this should get called.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Gee<mailto:tim.gee at aldiscorp.com> | Senior R&D Engineer
Aldis<http://www.aldiscorp.com/> | 10545 Hardin Valley Rd. | Knoxville TN | 37932