[Live-devel] multicast port of client

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jun 10 15:08:14 PDT 2013

> I open two clients(using vlc) at the same host connecting to the same multicast source of live555 and I found that these two clients use the same port of rtp and rtcp

Yes, of course they do, because that's what multicast means: Each packet is sent - just once - to a single (multicast) IP address and port number.  (I.e., the IP address and port number are part of the packet, and are therefore the same for each recipient.)

> I want these two clients at the same host use different port (like unicast),how can I to do?

You can't, without actually getting two separate unicast streams - one to each port.