[Live-devel] MilestoneXProtect playing problem

Chris Richardson (WTI) chris at gotowti.com
Tue Jun 11 09:33:08 PDT 2013

Hello,

> 04.06.2013 8:10, Андрей пишет:
.. Snip
> I can provide the additional output from the console. Client Milestone constantly sending requests to my server, and soon breaks the connection and then reconnects. Help solve the problem
.. Snip

I see the same problem with the Milestone smart client.  The root cause is that Milestone is sending a session-specific OPTIONS command to the server, expecting this to act as a keep alive.  The LIVE555 RTSP server implementation does not support using OPTIONS as a session keep alive, and there is nothing in the RFC regarding this being a valid thing to do.  I think we all understand Ross' position of not wanting to include code to handle clients or servers that are way out of spec, but it is also nice for library code to interoperate well.

My subclass of RTSPServer currently handles OPTIONS as a keep alive, but I had to include a lot of pointless boilerplate and subclassing to be able to do this, and I still had to modify the base RTSPServer to include a function to lookup an RTSPClientSession from a session id.

If the attached patch could be included I would really appreciate it.  Though, in the absence of that, it would be nice to be able to look up an RTSPClientSession and call its noteLiveness method from within a subclassed RTSPServer.

Thanks,

Chris Richardson
WTI