[Live-devel] RTSP client and SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jun 26 08:45:45 PDT 2013

On Jun 26, 2013, at 8:24 AM, Yaobing Deng <yaobing at jriver.com> wrote:

> Meanwhile, in order to make their device work in our application (JRiver Media Center), we are temporarily ignoring the payload type discrepancy, in the following way, until SiliconDust fixes the problem.

Remember that under the terms of the (L)GPL, you are therefore legally required to make your 'kludge' available to all customers of your application.

A much better solution, therefore, is to get 'SiliconDust' to fix their buggy, non-standards-compliant hardware (e.g., via a firmware upgrade).  Then, you won't need to make (and therefore won't need to distribute with your own product) any changes to the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code.

ps. A reminder to everyone: If you're replying to a mailing list 'Digest' message, please fix the "Subject:" line of your response.