[Live-devel] Instrumentation to detect packet loss in my application

Zahira Ammarguellat zammargu at marvell.com
Wed Jun 26 18:32:03 PDT 2013

Hello,

The application I am running is loosing packets. This application runs a server and a client. On the server application an RTP server is running and on the client application an RTP client is running. I am trying to implement the live555 code to make sure that all packets that are sent from the RTP server are arriving to the RTP client. It looks from your documentation that live555 doesn't drop any packets, I would like to instrument live555 to make sure that the (most) of the packets are arriving at destination and that probably the video dropping that I see is due to the loss in the network layer.
In RTPInterface.cpp there is a function called sendPacket. I have added a printf there to detect the packet sent and its size. I would like to "recover" the same packet on the client side. Can you tell me what function does that on the client side? Doing that would permit me to find out the packets that were lost.
Can you please help?
Thanks,

-Zahira