[Live-devel] RTSP client and SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime

Yaobing Deng yaobing at jriver.com
Wed Jun 26 09:14:16 PDT 2013

 > On Jun 26, 2013, at 8:24 AM, Yaobing Deng <yaobing at jriver.com
 >>/Meanwhile, in order to make their device work in our application
(JRiver Media Center), we are temporarily ignoring the payload type
 >> discrepancy, in the following way, until SiliconDust fixes the problem.

/> Remember that under the terms of the (L)GPL, you are therefore
legally required to make your 'kludge' available to all customers of your
 > application. A much better solution, therefore, is to get
'SiliconDust' to fix their buggy, non-standards-compliant hardware
(e.g., via a firmware
 > upgrade). Then, you won't need to make (and therefore won't need to
distribute with your own product) any changes to the "LIVE555
 > Streaming
 > Media" code. Ross Finlayson Live Networks, Inc. http://www.live555.com/

Thanks for the reminder about the GPL.  I do have that in mind when I
replied your last message (and sorry for forgetting to fix the subject
line).  Would it not be sufficient by making my changes public on this
developer mailing list (as I attempted in my previous reply)?

We change this block

      // Check the Payload Type.
      if ((unsigned char)((rtpHdr&0x007F0000)>>16)
      != rtpPayloadFormat()) {
        break;
      }

to this

         // Check the Payload Type.
         // Kludge - HDHomeRun Prime advertises the value 96, but sends
the value 33
         if ((unsigned char)((rtpHdr&0x007F0000)>>16) !=
rtpPayloadFormat() &&
             ((unsigned char)((rtpHdr&0x007F0000)>>16) != 33 ||
rtpPayloadFormat() != 96)) {
             break;
         }

inside function MultiFramedRTPSource::networkReadHandler1().