[Live-devel] RTSP client and SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jun 26 10:16:54 PDT 2013

> Thanks for the reminder about the GPL.  I do have that in mind when I replied your last message (and sorry for forgetting to fix the subject line).  Would it not be sufficient by making my changes public on this developer mailing list

No - because few (if any) of your customers subscribe to this mailing list.  You could, however, put your modifications on your product's web site.

For more about the LGPL and your obligations (and this applies to everyone who uses the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" software), see:

	http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#copyright-and-license

Once again, by far the simplest (and best solution) is just to get "SiliconBeach" to fix their hardware.  (If anyone from "SiliconBeach" wants to get in touch with me, I'd be happy to work with them to help make their products standards-compliant.)