[Live-devel] unique source file format for rtspserver

Łukasz Wychrystenko lukasz.wychrystenko at novamedia.pl
Mon Mar 4 03:57:43 PST 2013

Hello everyone
I want to build rtspserver for unique file format.
Each file have recorded video streams (mpeg2 or h264 sometime with
audio acc, raw frames with in, variable fps - usually 4-16 ) from
multiple sources. It is in 5 minute chunks and chunks are located in
separate dirs. Of course i know how to extract any data from that
file.

What I want to do in detail:
- rtsp server that can access concrete stream source eg:
rtsp://localhost/cam1.spd....cam10.sdp

- services should have 'trick play' - i have all necessary data in that
unique files but i don't know how to create specific index file
'tsx'(jet - maybe speed will not by issue here) or do I really need
it?

- chunks can be removed - how to handle that situation in live555 -
normally inotify and some thread that will watch on dir should do the
trick however i had bad experience trying to use live555 rtsp client
in MT application.

- each frame in that 'magic' file have some specific text data attached - is
there a way to transfer it in 'rtsp'?

What it most forward way to do it, and pls be verbose? I was playing
with MPEG1or2FileServerDemux, got confused by
ByteStreamMultiFileSource(do I need ByteStreamFileSource?) and now I'm
only sure that I need ServerMediaSubsession -  I'm missing here the
whole picture?

thx

To Moderator: Due to some issue with vpn I was unable to send this msg
from my
company account and I sent it from my private account -
lukasz.wychrystenko at gmail.com. Pls
delete msg from my private account and forget that i send this message
twice :)