[Live-devel] Synchronize the "RTCP" time using RTSP Range ?

PROMONET Michel michel.promonet at thalesgroup.com
Mon Mar 18 08:24:11 PDT 2013

                Hi Ross,

I know you already answer to previous tries to find a way to have a presentation time in the client (before the RTCP report) that is based on RTSP server information and not on RTSP client current time.
I 'm just looking for a way to initialize the presentation time (the NTP time) not the normal play time from information coming from the RTSP server.

To clarify our context, we are using live555 to re-stream data that are recorded, then timestamps are not linked to current client time.
So the estimation of presentation based on current time before receiving RTCP "SR"  is really not accurate...

What I was suggesting is this "missing" NTP information (before RTCP "SR") could perhaps be computed from RTSP PLAY answer.
It is quite annoying to drop data waiting for RTCP "SR" because we cannot send the timestamp through RTSP/RTP/RTCP mechanism.

As I told you, our actual hack is to use RTSP GET_PARAMETER to send this information in a non standard way.
Ok perhaps I have to accept this !

Best Regards,

                Michel.

[@@ THALES GROUP INTERNAL @@]