[Live-devel] New "LIVE555 Streaming Media' code release: RTSP servers now send initial RTCP "SR" packets, for (likely) immediate RTCP synchronization

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Mar 23 04:54:16 PDT 2013

As I noted a few days ago, I have now released a new version (2013.03.23) of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code that updates the RTSP server implementation so that an initial RTCP "SR" packet gets sent before the first RTP packet.  This will make it likely that the receiver will immediately start getting RTCP-synchronized presentation times.  (Note that client application code must still allow for the possibility of initial presentation times not being RTCP-synchronized, in case they don't receive this initial "SR" packet (or in case they are streaming from an older server, or from a server other than ours).)