[Live-devel] RTCPInstance error: Hit limit when reading incoming packet over TCP. Increase "maxRTCPPacketSize"

Caio Klein caio.klein at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 11:32:05 PDT 2013

Hi,

I've been hitting this error. The process gets into a loop displaying the
referred message.

The setup is this:

AXIS-CAMERA<---(RTSP over HTTP)--->live555ProxyServer<---(RTSP)--->VLC

The problem can be easily replicated when stopping the stream on the VLC,
but may happen spontaneously while playing after a certain time (~30s).

I've already changed the maxRTCPPacketSize on "RTCP.cpp:116" to 1500 with
no change on the problem.

Any guess on what is happening?

Thanks,

Caio