[Live-devel] A couple of minor issues

Matt Schuckmann matt at schuckmannacres.com
Thu May 9 12:04:03 PDT 2013

I just thought I'd bring up a couple of minor code issues that I
recently ran into.

1. config.armlinux has carriage return line feed line endings and none
of the other config files have this. Normally I wouldn't care but my
automated build system uses quilt and patch to add -D defines to the
compile options and patch under cygwin has problems with this type of
line ending. I can work around it but it is annoying and it took me a
while to figure out what the problem was.

2. Why is Boolean a #define, for MSC and BORLAND compilers this is
really bad form. Currently it is causing me problems with boost template
code that uses  Boolean for a typename in a template, can it be a typedef?

3. What is the deal with header files directly in liveMeda (i.e. not in
liveMedia/include) I would assume that we are not supposed to use them
but one of my developers recently used the BitVector.hh header, which
seems reasonably general purpose should it be moved to the include
directory?

Thanks,
Matt S.