[Live-devel] A couple of minor issues

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu May 9 18:42:49 PDT 2013

> 1. config.armlinux has carriage return line feed line endings and none of the other config files have this.

OK, this will be fixed in the next release of the software.

> 2. Why is Boolean a #define, for MSC and BORLAND compilers this is really bad form. Currently it is causing me problems with boost template code that uses  Boolean for a typename in a template, can it be a typedef?

I imagine so.  I'll try making this change in the next release of the software.

I'm a bit wary, though, because I've been burned so many times in the past.  It seems that whenever I make a change to satisfy one Windows person, inevitably another Windows person pipes up several few weeks later saving that the change somehow breaks for them.

But I'll make the change, and wait to see who complains about it :-)

> 3. What is the deal with header files directly in liveMeda (i.e. not in liveMedia/include) I would assume that we are not supposed to use them

That's correct.

> but one of my developers recently used the BitVector.hh header, which seems reasonably general purpose should it be moved to the include directory?

Yes, I suppose.