[Live-devel] Setting the frame rate and resolution during the rtsp connection

Roman Gaufman hackeron at gmail.com
Fri May 10 06:55:35 PDT 2013

Some cameras have rtsp://ip/media?width=640&height=480&fps=30 - other
cameras have profiles like
rtsp://ip/axis-media/media.amp?videocodec=h264&streamprofile=highquality
- others will not allow specifying quality/profile/fps at all in the URL.

These days, cameras that support ONVIF can be configured using WS-Discovery
using a SOAP API over UDP e.g.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13416193/how-to-discover-onvif-devices-in-c-sharp

Once again, this is nothing to do with live555 but rather with your camera
manufacturer and how they decided to implement it.