[Live-devel] Setting the frame rate and resolution during the rtsp connection

Kalkere, Giridhara(IE10) Giridhara.Kalkere at honeywell.com
Fri May 10 07:15:21 PDT 2013

Thanks for the details.

Regards,
Giri

From: live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com [mailto:live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com] On Behalf Of Roman Gaufman
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2013 9:56 AM
To: LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use
Subject: Re: [Live-devel] Setting the frame rate and resolution during the rtsp connection

Some cameras have rtsp://ip/media?width=640&height=480&fps=30 - other cameras have profiles like rtsp://ip/axis-media/media.amp?videocodec=h264&streamprofile=highquality - others will not allow specifying quality/profile/fps at all in the URL.

These days, cameras that support ONVIF can be configured using WS-Discovery using a SOAP API over UDP e.g. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13416193/how-to-discover-onvif-devices-in-c-sharp

Once again, this is nothing to do with live555 but rather with your camera manufacturer and how they decided to implement it.