[Live-devel] newbie: several questions about openrtsp

Anthony Griffiths neuronetv at gmail.com
Thu May 16 12:41:35 PDT 2013

I'm running centos 5 server - command line only
hi all, newbie here, firstly to my surprise openRTSP actually worked
without too much hassle but did throw up a couple of problems.
This is the command that works with my axis 207MW network camera:
openRTSP -d 20 rtsp://<user:password>@<cam-ip-afddr>/mpeg4/media.amp
The 20-second video file created has no extension but I can get the file to
play by copying it to another location and adding .mp4 to the copy.
However if I use -4 in the command the program throws back "mdatFloating
point exception" and terminates. I did the google on this but there are no
clear answers. If I add -i the program does create an avi but the resultant
file crashes all my players.  Am I missing some component?
Also the audio file is silent. I don't know what kind of audio file rtsp is
generating because the filename has no extension and none of my players
will play it. Thanks for any pointers.