[Live-devel] Server getting confused with RTCP message before PLAY command (when using RTP over TCP)

Stanley Biggs stanley at gofuseit.com
Thu May 30 07:26:38 PDT 2013

Ross Finlayson <finlayson at ...> writes:

> >Or perhaps the client code shouldn't be allowed to send RTCP
> >messages until after the PLAY command has been issued.
>
> You're right - it shouldn't.  You've discovered a bug.
>
> >PS. I should probably note my code isn't like openRTSP in that it
> >doesn't do DESCRIBE, SETUP, and PLAY all at once I do DESCRIBE
> >followed by SETUP, then I let the TaskScheduler run while I let my
> >UI do some work, then I do a couple of SET_PARAMETER commands, then
> >some more UI work followed by the PLAY command.
>
> Yes, that's why you managed to discover the bug.  Thanks.
>
> I'll fix this as part of my forthcoming planned major upgrade of "RTSPClient".

Hi Ross

I realize this is an old thread, but we are using the very latest version of
live555 (as at today, 30 May 2013) and the exact same error occurs on our
application. We are using the "old RTSP client interface" though, that is
defined with RTSPCLIENT_SYNCHRONOUS_INTERFACE. Is that the reason? Was this
only fixed in the newer interface or should it be working when we use
functions from RTSPCLIENT_SYNCHRONOUS_INTERFACE as well?

Stanley