[Live-devel] Server getting confused with RTCP message before PLAY command (when using RTP over TCP)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu May 30 08:20:12 PDT 2013

Stanley,

I haven't had time yet to review and respond to your emails.  You should note, however, that the old 'synchronous' "RTSPClient" interface has now been removed completely - as of the latest version (2013.05.30) of the code - and is no longer supported, at all.  (This old interface has been out-of-date for three years now.)

So, you should upgrade to the latest version of the code, and fix your code to use the current, 'asynchronous' "RTSPClient" interface.  Your server application should also be using the latest version of our code.

Then, and only then, please let us know what problems - if any - you are having with your new server and client.  (Please stop referring to archived mailing list messages; they are usually referring to old, different problems that are no longer relevant.)