[Live-devel] live555 TS muxer broken?

Warren Young warren at etr-usa.com
Tue Nov 12 16:13:20 PST 2013

On 11/12/2013 16:22, Umar Qureshey wrote:

> I have been told second-hand that the TS muxer in Live555 is broken.

Told by whom, and what exactly do they mean by "broken"?

TS covers a whole lot of ground, and I have yet to use a TS muxer that
can produce every legal type of TS file.  "Broken" may be shorthand for,
"It can't produce the exact TS flavor we want, and we're not willing to
expand the set of TS flavors we will tolerate."

How hard would it be to just try it?  Create the TS file with Live555,
then see if your target player will consume it.  If not, make them tell
you what exactly is "broken" about it.  "It's broken" is not a useful
bug report.