[Live-devel] VLC and The LIVE555 Proxy Server

Ognjen Milosavljević ognjenm at rcub.bg.ac.rs
Thu Nov 14 08:53:44 PST 2013

Hi,

i want to stream unicast from VLC and restream it over unicast to various
addresses using  LIVE555 Proxy Server.

When I try to restream, rtsp stream from VLC, I get these messages on
LIVE555 Proxy Server:

ProxyRTSPClient["rtsp://XXX"]: RTSP "DESCRIBE" command failed; trying again
in 1 seconds

Opening connection to YYY, port ZZZ...

...Connection to server failed: Connection timed out

ProxyRTSPClient["rtsp://XXX"]: RTSP "DESCRIBE" command failed; trying again
in 2 seconds

Opening connection to YYY, port ZZZ...

...Connection to server failed: Connection timed out

ProxyRTSPClient["rtsp://XXX "]: RTSP "DESCRIBE" command failed; trying again
in 4 seconds

Opening connection to YYY, port ZZZ...

...Connection to server failed: Connection timed out

ProxyRTSPClient["rtsp:// XXX "]: RTSP "DESCRIBE" command failed; trying
again in 8 seconds

Also I confirmed streaming from VLC with VLC on the other pc and it was
working fine, I could see the stream.

VLCs and LIVE555 Proxy Server are in the same VLAN so there is no problem
with firewall or filtering (I disabled firewall on all server and pc).

I hope asking too much, and that you can help me.

Regards

Ognjen Milosavljević, MSc.E.E. CCNP JNCIS-ENT
Network engineer

 <http://www.rcub.bg.ac.rs/> cid:image003.jpg at 01CBFF60.46A43120

Belgrade University Computer Center
Kumanovska 7 11000 Beograd