[Live-devel] Allow access to RTPSink when ServerMediaSubsession is overired

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Nov 15 04:46:57 PST 2013

> Sorry I didn’t check where was the member.
> The fRTPSink I would like to access is in OnDemandServerMediaSubsession::fRTPSink

Actually, it's not there either.  "fRTPSink" is a member of the "StreamState" class.

But I'm not going to expose this, because the creation/destruction of the (possibly multiple) "RTPSink" objects (and the corresponding (possibly multiple) "StreamState" objects) occur dynamically - under the control of the RTSPServer - as (possibly multiple) clients connect to/disconnect from the server.  This is not something that a "OnDemandServerMediaSubsession" (subclass) object should ever be aware of, because the "(OnDemand)ServerMediaSubsession" object refers to the source media stream as a whole - regardless of who and how many clients are currently receiving it.

> By now I did not understand a problem that occurs randomly.
> Shortly we try to stop a FramedSource (calling FramedSource::handleCloser) that feed a Framer that feed an RTPSink but after this a task call MultiFramedRTPSink::sendNext use what was released.

I think I know what the problem is!  I've just released a new version (2013.11.15) that, I believe, will fix this.