[Live-devel] Splitting files while recording via openRTSP

Ehsan Adeli eadeli at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 01:33:43 PST 2013

Dear all,

I am trying to use the openRTSP test project to record a live RTSP stream.
The stream is being played continuously (from a camera) and I want to
record the video. In order to be able to manage the recorded files, I want
to split the recording and save, for instance, every 5 minutes of the
stream in a separate mp4 file. The important thing is that I do not want to
stop and start the recoding, because with that I would miss some frames,
spending time on closing the connection and reopening. So, I am working on
the code. I try to keep the continuous play (-c option) on, and try to
redirect stdout to separate files at the beginning of the every step. The
problem is that I need to manage the heads and tails of the mp4 files (if I
am right).

It would be very nice if you could help me with this issue or let me know
if there are other ways around, that can be useful for me. Thank you all
for your considerations.

Regards,
Ehsan