[Live-devel] getNormalPlayTime returning negative value

Michael oopdeveloper at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 24 15:28:09 PST 2013

I have a project that implements some FramedSource subclasses to send
compressed audio and video.  On the receiving side, a subclass of the
MediaSink class provides the ability  to receive the compressed data and
perform playback.  The getNormalPlayTime method is called on the receiving
side to determine the timestamps for the stream samples.  This has worked
great until I recently upgraded the Live555 libs from version 2012.10.22 to
version 2013.11.06.  After the migration, the getNormalPlayTime method
returns a negative value after receiving a small amount of samples.  Is this
a known issue?  I haven't tried the 2013.11.15 version as the release notes
did not indicate any related changes.

As I have not migrated my client side code yet to the asynchronous calls, I
only upgraded the server side to version 2013.11.06.  When switching the
server side back to version 2012.10.22, the problem does not exist.

Thanks and great work!