[Live-devel] RFC 2435 compliance

Alexandr Němec a.nemec at atlas.cz
Mon Nov 25 03:12:59 PST 2013

> This same question (I think) came up last January.  Here is the answer that I gave at that time:

Thanks for your quick reply. Sorry, I googled through the archives, but did not find this one. The "zigzag" idea is the correct answer, as this order is required for the JPEG DQT segment. So Live555 is absolutely correct here, but it turns out, that the code in Appendix A of RFC 2435 omits to use the reordered tables when creating jpeg headers, ie. it contains a bug. I just could not believe that a RFC code example can contain a bug.

Thanks.

Best regards

Alex