[Live-devel] Stream MP3 over TS

Roberto Pompermaier robypomper at johnosproject.com
Mon Oct 7 08:50:06 PDT 2013

Hi,
thanks for your fast replay. Now I can stream my MP3 packed in MPEG-TS
container over RTP :)

Now it transform my mp3 in to new mpeg-ts file and then transmit it
(the mpeg-ts file) over rtp.

I would like to transform and transmit at the same time, without
creating an temporary file.
If I understand correctly, the FileSink write the result of
startPlaying() in to the file, and the SimpleRTPSink transmit the same
results to the network using the RTP protocol.

I tried with this mod to your code:
	FramedSource* audioSource = MP3FileSource(*env, mp3FileName);
	MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource* tsFrames =
MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource::createNew(*env);
	tsFrames->addNewAudioSource(audioSource, mpegVersion);
		// Where "mpegVersion" is either 1 or 2

	MediaSink* outputSink = SimpleRTPSink::createNew ( *env,
&rtpGroupsock, 33, 90000, "video", "MP2T", 1, True, False /*no 'M'
bit*/);
	outputSink->startPlaying(*tsFrames, afterPlaying, NULL);

Unfortunately it don't work.
I also tried to change the rtpPayloadFormat and others parameters in
the SimpleRTPSink constructor, but it don't work anyway.

Many thanks for your patience.
Roberto

PS: My English is not so good, so sometime it's hard for me to explain
what I mean