[Live-devel] Stream MP3 over TS

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Oct 7 09:24:55 PDT 2013

> thanks for your fast replay. Now I can stream my MP3 packed in MPEG-TS container over RTP :)
>
> Now it transform my mp3 in to new mpeg-ts file and then transmit it (the mpeg-ts file) over rtp.

Once again: If you want to transmit MP3 audio via RTP, the best way to do this is to do so directly - e.g., using our "testMP3Streamer" demo application (for multicast streaming), or "testOnDemandRTSPServer" or "live555MediaServer" (for unicast streaming).  Packing the MP3 stream into a Transport Stream, and then transmitting the Transport Stream is much less efficient, and is less tolerant of packet loss.

The only reason why anyone should be transmitting Transport Stream data via RTP is if the source data is in Transport Stream format to begin with.