[Live-devel] Proxy Server REGISTER option

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Oct 7 23:17:51 PDT 2013

> Ok...that makes sense. Any idea how Proxy Server would handle the following url?
>
> rtsp://<ip>:<port>/axis-media/media.amp?resolution=480x270&fps=3&compression=40&videokeyframeinterval=18

OK, I hadn't anticipated complicated back-end stream URLs like this.

So I've gone ahead and changed the way that the proxy server creates stream names for proxied streams that have been created via "REGISTER".  These now use the stream name "registeredProxyStream-N", where "N" is a counter, incremented for each new registered stream.

The proxy server also now displays the URL for each new registered proxy, so you'll now know how to access it.

This is done in a new version 2013.10.08 of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" software, available now.