[Live-devel] Proxy Server REGISTER option

Bob Bischan bbischan at watchtower-security.com
Tue Oct 8 06:30:48 PDT 2013

Ross,

Thanks for your time and consideration with making the modifications. I
have tested the new code and have a few observations to pass along:

I see "Play this stream using the URL:
rtsp://<proxy-ip>:8554/registeredProxyStream-1" when I send the
REGISTER_REMOTE command.

Proxy Server connects to the stream and output appears normal

When I connect to the registered stream using VLC, I see
"ProxyServerMediaSubsession["H264"]::createNewStreamSource(session id
3742543045)"  with a request to PLAY.

Next response is "RTSP/1.0 454 Session Not Found"

Just to make sure that the stream works with Proxy Server I tried from the
command line using the same rtsp:// that I was registering and was able to
connect using VLC.

Thanks,

Bob

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 1:17 AM, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>wrote:

> Ok...that makes sense. Any idea how Proxy Server would handle the
> following url?
>

> rtsp://<ip>:<port>/axis-media/media.amp?resolution=480x270&fps=3&compression=40&videokeyframeinterval=18
>

> OK, I hadn't anticipated complicated back-end stream URLs like this.
>
> So I've gone ahead and changed the way that the proxy server creates
> stream names for proxied streams that have been created via "REGISTER".
>  These now use the stream name "registeredProxyStream-N", where "N" is a
> counter, incremented for each new registered stream.
>
> The proxy server also now displays the URL for each new registered proxy,
> so you'll now know how to access it.
>
> This is done in a new version 2013.10.08 of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media"
> software, available now.
>

> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.
> http://www.live555.com/

Bob Bischan

Manager (Operations/Software Development)

*WATCHTOWER SECURITY, INC.*

10760 TRENTON
SAINT LOUIS, MISSOURI 63132

314 427 4586 office

314 330 9001 cell

314 427 8823 fax

www.watchtower-security.com

*“Protecting your community and those you value most.”*