[Live-devel] Proxy Server (Back-end Session)

Bob Bischan bbischan at watchtower-security.com
Tue Oct 15 10:04:37 PDT 2013

Ross,

Attached is a log file showing the issue. I have edited the log due to size
limits on the mailing list.

Bob

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 8:21 PM, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>wrote:

> I have run into an issue where the session between Proxy Server and the
> back-end server has timed-out, but the Proxy Server is still receiving
> (Play / Pause) is made from a client you see "454 Session Not Found",
> however on-going OPTION requests from Proxy Server to back-end server
> continue to be successful.
>

> We don't check the response to the proxy server's "PLAY" command, because
> the periodic "OPTIONS" command is supposed to be sufficient to (1) keep the
> connection alive (in case the server is non-compliant and doesn't use RTCP
> "RR" to indicate liveness), and (2) check whether the connection has
> closed.  So I don't understand how the server can continue to be handling
> the "OPTIONS" commands, yet have timed-out the session.
>
> Please send an example of the output (after running the proxy server with
> the "-V" option) that illustrates what you're seeing.
>

> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.
> http://www.live555.com/

Bob Bischan

Manager (Operations/Software Development)

*WATCHTOWER SECURITY, INC.*

10760 TRENTON
SAINT LOUIS, MISSOURI 63132

314 427 4586 office

314 330 9001 cell

314 427 8823 fax

www.watchtower-security.com

*“Protecting your community and those you value most.”*