[Live-devel] Proxy Server (Back-end Session)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Oct 14 18:21:41 PDT 2013

> I have run into an issue where the session between Proxy Server and the back-end server has timed-out, but the Proxy Server is still receiving responses to the periodic OPTION requests. In this situation when a request (Play / Pause) is made from a client you see "454 Session Not Found", however on-going OPTION requests from Proxy Server to back-end server continue to be successful.

We don't check the response to the proxy server's "PLAY" command, because the periodic "OPTIONS" command is supposed to be sufficient to (1) keep the connection alive (in case the server is non-compliant and doesn't use RTCP "RR" to indicate liveness), and (2) check whether the connection has closed.  So I don't understand how the server can continue to be handling the "OPTIONS" commands, yet have timed-out the session.

Please send an example of the output (after running the proxy server with the "-V" option) that illustrates what you're seeing.