[Live-devel] [help] trick play when play a mkv file by live555

yuke sun moco.sun at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 18:34:34 PDT 2013

It seems that live555 support RTSP 'trick play' operations for some media
types.
Recently when I attempt to stream a mkv file through live555, i found VLC
player's  functionality of trick play doesn't work well. When i seeked to
time 1:00, it got data correctly(this means live555 has seeked to the right
file position),but the progress bar of VLC reached  2:00. If I seeked to
time 4:00, the progress bar reached 7:30!
*Is there any bug in live555? Or VLC's bug?*
Thanks for help.
**
Version info:
live555: version 0.78, 0.77