[Live-devel] How to tie libvpx together with live555

Morten S. Laursen morten at softwarehuset.dk
Mon Oct 21 05:29:53 PDT 2013

2013/10/21 Ross Finlayson

> As far as I have understood I'm supposed to create a new class describing
> the subsession inheriting from the OnDemandServerMediaSubsession class.
> In this class I shall then implement a new method createNewRTPSink, which
> instantiates and returns a VP8VideoRTPSink.
>

> Yes, but you *also* need to implement another virtual function -
> "createNewStreamSource()".  This will create an object of a new
> "FramedSource" subclass (that you must define) that delivers VP8 frames -
> one at a time.  As noted in the FAQ, it is recommended that you use the
> "DeviceSource" code (see "liveMedia/DeviceSource.cpp") as a model for this.
>
> Thank you, that helped me quite a lot, now It seams as though the server
is running, there still seems to be some problem with the metadata of the
videostream preventing mplayer and vlc from showing the stream though, but
I'm sure that is just a minor issue that takes a little more fiddling
around. (Mplayer: unknown MPlayer format code for MIME type "video/VP8",
VLC: no suitable decoder module for fourcc `undf').
Kind regards
Morten S. Laursen