[Live-devel] Proxy Server (Multiple Client / Recorded File Issue)

Bob Bischan bbischan at watchtower-security.com
Tue Oct 22 11:42:18 PDT 2013

The back-end servers in this case are feeding a live stream to Proxy
Server. From there I have one application that connects to Proxy Server to
convert the rtsp:// streams to rtmp:// for flash presentation.
Simultaneously, there is a second application that connects to Proxy Server
to record the streams to file. Both of these applications are behaving very
well with Proxy Server (rtmp:// streams are working....recording is
consistent)....just the unusual file issue in the case where both
applications are running together. If I shutdown crtmpserver and leave just
recording application running the recorded files are back to normal.

It's somewhat like a Rubik's Cube when putting things together in this
fashion, but overall it's working better than I would have expected.

I guess my question would be this: Assuming all back-end servers are live
rtsp:// streams going to Proxy Server. Would each front-end client
connection to Proxy Server be isolated from the other...would the
characteristics of the stream provided by Proxy Server be as if each
application was connected in isolation?

 Bob