[Live-devel] Proxy Server (Multiple Client / Recorded File Issue)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Oct 22 11:11:33 PDT 2013

Unfortunately your description of your problem wasn't particularly clear; it seems, though, that you should be investigating your recording application(s), to figure out why they're not giving you what you want.  (In particular, you could investigate how well they handle packet (i.e., data) loss, which is more likely when you have more streaming.

However, you do realize - I hope - that when you stream through our proxy server, there's only *one* stream coming from the back-end server (to the proxy server), regardless of how many front-end clients are currently accessing the proxy server.  That means, therefore, that if your back-end stream comes from a file (rather than from a live source like a network camera), then only the first front-end client will get to see the stream starting from the beginning of the file.  Subsequent front-end clients will (obviously) start receiving the stream from some later point.  If that's important to your recording application(s), then they shouldn't be receiving the stream this way.  (Instead, just copy the file directly :-)