[Live-devel] Get crash with BasicUDPSink

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Sep 9 23:32:39 PDT 2013

It's very unlikely that the LIVE555 version upgrade caused your crash.  More likely, it somehow exposed a bug in your code that already existed.

> The following is the crash message.
> FramedSource[0x16338d0]::getNextFrame(): attempting to read more than once at the same time!

This error message means that somewhere - in your code - you are calling "getNextFrame()" on an object while it is already handling a previous call to "getNextFrame()" - i.e., before the 'afteGettingFunc' that was passed to the previous call to "getNextFrame()" has been called.

I suspect that the problem is in your code for your own audio and video source classes - in particular, your implementation of the "doGetNextFrame()" virtual function in these classes.  Because these classes should do asynchronous (i.e., non-blocking) I/O, you need to be especially careful to properly handle the case when "doGetNextFrame()" is called when no new data is immediately available.