[Live-devel] live555ProxyServer.exe crash after rtcp goodbye from backend is recieved.

Yogev Cohen Yogev.Cohen at nice.com
Tue Sep 17 22:27:19 PDT 2013

Hi,

I use the live555ProxyServer.exe example.
My front end is VLC and backend is Axis camera streaming h264.
Both streams frontend and backend are UDP.
frontend consume the proxy stream and then after a few seconds I stop the stream from frontend.
I wait for about one minute until the backend is sending an RTCP Goodbye message.
The ProxyServerMediaSubsession::subsessionByeHandler is called which cause the FramedSource::handleClosure to get called which in turn call the upstream source FramedSource::handleClosure to get called.
But this FramedSource instance is already deleted when I closed the last stream from the frontend hence FramedSource::fOnCloseFunc is not valid and the application crash.

I know that I shouldn't modify the library code, but setting all FramedSource members to NULL in the destructor solved the crash problem cause of the NULL check in FramedSource::handleClosure.
But now once I try to play the stream from the VLC again I don't get any stream.

Testing this against a Sony camera as a backend did not cause this problem because they don't send goodbye RTCP message.

Please advise how to proceed, will there be a fix in future release? This is obviously not the right fix cause I can't restart the stream after this goodbye message.

I'm working with the latest source - 11.09.2013 and also tested it against 13.08.2013

Thanks,
Yogev.