[Live-devel] method ANNOUNCE failed: 401 Unauthorized

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Sep 16 08:09:30 PDT 2013

Sorry, but our RTSP server code does not support - and will never support - the optional (and poorly thought out) RTSP "ANNOUNCE" command.  We do, however, support a server taking another RTSP stream as input by acting as a 'proxy'.

I.e., note our "LIVE555 Proxy Server": <http://www.live555.com/proxyServer/>.  (Note however, that - unlike the "LIVE555 Media Server" - we do not have pre-built binaries available for this; you must build it yourself, from source code.)  Note especially the "-R" option, which may be of interest to you.