[Live-devel] live555 ProxyServerMediaSession "race condition".

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Sep 18 00:03:09 PDT 2013

> What is the best way to rewrite the code so it will cleanup any open backend connections and handlers or protect against this scenario?

That's for me to worry about; not you :-)

> This is my scenario:
>                 Create a new ProxyServerMediaSession - it in turn calls DESCRIBE on the backend.
>                 Call RTSPServer::removeMediaSession or RTSPServer::deleteMediaSession before that DESCRIBE call completes. (the ProxySMS instance is deleted but the Backend DESCRIBE handler is not disabled).

That's not supposed to happen, because the "ProxyServerMediaSession" destructor closes the associated "ProxyRTSPClient" object, which is supposed to close its TCP socket, thereby preventing any further event handling (including response handling) on that socket.

So, either there's a bug in the code somewhere (that I'll need to track down), or else the scenario is not quite as you're describing it...