[Live-devel] live555 ProxyServerMediaSession "race condition".

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Sep 18 15:53:13 PDT 2013

>> This is my scenario:
>>                 Create a new ProxyServerMediaSession - it in turn calls DESCRIBE on the backend.
>>                 Call RTSPServer::removeMediaSession or RTSPServer::deleteMediaSession before that DESCRIBE call completes. (the ProxySMS instance is deleted but the Backend DESCRIBE handler is not disabled).
>
> That's not supposed to happen, because the "ProxyServerMediaSession" destructor closes the associated "ProxyRTSPClient" object, which is supposed to close its TCP socket, thereby preventing any further event handling (including response handling) on that socket.

I checked this scenario just now, and I was correct: The "ProxyRTSPClient" object - and its TCP socket - gets closed, so the response to the RTSP "DESCRIBE" command will never get handled.

So, I can't see how the situation that you describe can be really happening.  (If you are actually seeing a crash, then it appears to be for some reason other than what you're describing.)