[Live-devel] mediaServer MP4 support

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Sep 19 15:17:54 PDT 2013

I'm not planning on supporting streaming from 'MP4'-format files anytime soon, because:
	1/ It'd be a lot of work.  (Live Networks, Inc. is not a charity.)
	2/ The MP4 file format is patent-encumbered, and unfortunately this company is based in a country (USA) in which software patents apply.
	3/ We already support streaming from 'Matroska'-format files (a file format that is not patent encumbered).

So, if you can, I suggest converting to Matroska files, and streaming those.