[Live-devel] RTSP Server TCP Negotiation only

David Cassany Viladomat david.cassany at i2cat.net
Wed Sep 25 08:01:18 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I am working in project where I will have to implement an rstp server over
an already existing application which is already capable to transmit RTPstreams.

I have been having a look in live555 source code for some time right now in
order to find out how cloud I implement an RTSP server using live555 and
using at the same time my own UDP/RTP sender functions.

The first approach I found is to use testOnDemandRTSPServer example using
MPEG2TransportStreamUDPServerMediaSubsession class in order to resend an
already existing RTP loopback stream. The problem here is that all data is
parsed and resent, well, this is a work around but it is not what I am
loolink for.

What I would like is an RTSP server capable of just performing the
negotiation, get clients IP and port, send keep alive responses and notice
clients commands; without sending and managing any RTP packet or data. My
application already creates and sdp file, so even that, shouldn't be done
with the RTSP server I need.

Does anyone knows if there is a way to use the RTSPServer class without
autogenerating sdp data and without having to invoke an RTPsink?

I hope my explanation is clear enough :P

Thanks, any help or suggestion is going to be appreciated :)

David