[Live-devel] Control connection issue: OPTIONS not received

Conchi Abasolo conchi.ap at vaelsys.com
Fri Sep 27 06:08:59 PDT 2013

Thank you Ross for the quick response.

Analyzing further the problem, we think we can discard that it's a lost
packets issue due to the 3G network because we can reproduce the problem so
many times as we want just following the same steps. It's systematic.
Besides, we don't see any anomalous behaviour except for the OPTIONS
message, even during the whole proccess and until the ProxyServer closes
the connection, the video data is received properly in the openRTSP client.

We also made some testing connecting through UDP instead TCP without any
problem, using same 3G network. So we think the problem may be in the TCP
connection handling. Is there a way we can provide you with more info to
confirm this?

Thank you

2013/9/27 Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>

> As far as I can tell, the problem is a failure of the (3G) network between
> your proxy server and (back-end) media server.  The proxy server's send of
> the "OPTIONS" command has failed (that's the cause of the "lost connection
> to server ('errno': 11)" message; you'll need to check your own system to
> find out what errno 11 is).  The proxy server then attempts to reopen the
> TCP connection to the media server, but apparently fails.
>
> If this is the case - i.e., your 3G network has failed - then there's
> nothing you can do with our software to overcome this.
>

> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.
> http://www.live555.com/

Conchi Abasolo Pérez
C/Santiago Grisolía nº 2, of. 203
Edif. PCM, Parque Tecnológico de Madrid
28760 Tres Cantos, Madrid
Tlf.   +34 91 804 62 48 // Fax. +34 91 803 10 31
Web: www.vaelsys.com
Email: conchi.ap at vaelsys.com