[Live-devel] Control connection issue: OPTIONS not received

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Sep 27 14:35:27 PDT 2013

> We also made some testing connecting through UDP instead TCP without any problem, using same 3G network.

If streaming over UDP works, then why are you streaming over TCP??  Streaming RTP/RTCP-over-TCP is suboptimal, and should be done only as a last resort - if you have a firewall that blocks UDP packets).  If you stream over TCP, you will get increased latency (often much increased latency).  More importantly, if the stream's bitrate exceeds the capacity of your network, then you *will* get socket I/O failure (due to OS network buffers filling up).  This may be what is happening in your case.

So, because streaming over UDP works for you, you should continue to use it, and *don't* try to stream over TCP.