[Live-devel] live555ProxyServer.exe crash after rtcp goodbye

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Sep 29 19:04:36 PDT 2013

> As I understand it from what you stated that the backend server does not implement PAUSE  and sends RTSP "BYE" the idea of keeping the
> ProxyRTSPClient <---> Backend connection will not work and we need go back to the point before we called the first DESCRIBE.
>
> I modified the library code as follows in order to solved the problem, but it is an HACK and I would appreciate a better solution if you have one

Your solution was actually quite good; the only real change I made was to keep the "handleClosure()" call, to ensure that front-end clients that attempted to play the stream without stopping will also receive a RTCP "BYE".

I've now installed a new version - 2013.09.30 - of the software that includes this fix.